Direct Payment Support Service
Up to date vital information and guidance on COVID-19 for Employers and Personal Care Assistants is available - please click here
Having a Direct Payment gives you the opportunity to purchase your own support. This could mean setting up a contract with the care agency of your choice, paying for activities in your community or employing your own support staff. We are here to support you to:
- Explain what a Direct Payment is and how it can work for you or your loved one.
- Help you to recruit and employ your own support staff.
- Support you to choose a suitable agency or provider.
- Signpost you to other helpful organisations.
- Provide a payroll service and /or manage your money for you.
- Support you to manage your staff and your Direct Payment.
- Introduce you to other people who use Direct Payments.
We have various helpful factsheets explaining how Direct Payments work:
Direct Payments Employing a PA PA Pensions Self-Employed PAs
PA Holiday PA Sickness
If you are already using a Direct Payment and are looking for a Personal Assistant (PA) to employ, then you can register on our PA Recruitment website www.find-a-pa.co.uk. You can create your own profile on the site and search for and message PAs who are looking for work in your area. You can also access our recruitment handbook for useful advice and templates on the process.
Training for PAs and Employers
From time to time we offer a range of training for PAs and employers, from first aid at work to understanding dementia and how to be a good employer.
Our next training session will take place on Tuesday 28th July, from 10:30-12:30, for direct employers or for those who are thinking about employing a Personal Assistant directly. Click here to book a place.
This FREE training session will cover:
- Finding and recruiting your PA (including budgeting, creating a job description and advertising the role).
- How to interview and select your candidate successfully.
- Employing your PA (including contracts of employment, taking out insurance, making right to work checks and more).
- How to engage and maintain the relationship with your PA (including boundaries, conduct and supervision).
This training is open to Direct Payment recipients from both the Richmond Borough and the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.
Paula, Kirsty, Dorian, Jess, Nikul and Lucy are here to help. To find out more, call 020 8831 6088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For payroll call 020 8831 6270 or email email@example.com