The Sitting & Befriending Service
We can help find a Sitter/Befriender to support your family, give you a break from caring or to be a companion to your child or teenager helping them to access social and leisure activities. Sitters are interviewed, DBS checked, referenced and trained.
- Babysit at home while you go out,
- Help you with the children at home,
- Accompany your child or young person to an activity they enjoy,
- Take part with your child/young person at an activity,
- 'Hang out' at home with your young person while you go out.
How it works
1. Download and fill out our Family Registration Form and submit it via email to Hallie or Sue. You can find more information about registration and the service here.
2. Arrange a Home Visit with Hallie or Sue. This is a time for us to get to know your family and how we can help. We typically meet with the family without the young person present so that we can speak openly about their needs.
3. We will create a profile about your family and share it with our registered Befrienders. Once a Befriender indicates an interest in working with you, we will pass along their contact details and you can set up an initial meeting.
4. Once you, your young person, and the befriender have met and everyone is happy to move forward, we allow you to make the arrangements directly with the Befriender.
5. The Befriender will have you sign a time sheet each month and will submit it to Ruils. You will receive an invoice with the amount owed.
Richmond Borough: Sue Robson
020 8831 6083
Kingston Borough: Hallie Banish
075 0802 2431
Payroll: Nisha Singh
Work with us!
If you are looking to become a Sitter or Befriender, please download and complete our Application Pack and email it to Sue or Hallie. They will contact you to arrange an interview.